1 Semester Unit
Prerequisite: Principles of Finance
This course will focus on the ling between real estate markets and capital markets, providing the students with the main concepts, principles, analytical methods and tools useful for making investment and finance decisions regarding real estate investments vehicles available in financial markets. The course will include topics such as:
- Introduction to Real Estate Markets and Real Estate Investments.
- Real Estate Mortgages & Real Estate Debt Rating.
- Real Estate Equity Investment vehicles:
Direct investment, REITs. Property funds and opportunity funds. In this part of course we will understand the available vehicles in international perpective.
- Teal Estate Debt in investment vehicles:
The last ten years we are witnessing a dramatic increase in the debt vehicles available to investors. We will learn about Commercial Mortgages, CMBS, Mezzanine debt etc.
- Macro level analysis of real estate investments which pertains to decisions about collections of many individual real estate assets, that is, portfolio or firm level decisions and investment management considerations.